I have this in my crock pot simmering away……….
And my kitchen smells amazing! I came across this recipe and knew it was one I wanted to try! I will be baking a couple of sweet potatoes to go with it and topping them with Splenda brown sugar and cinnamon! Yummy! A feast to behold! Who says it has to be Thanksgiving to have turkey! I can’t wait to take this lusciousness out of the crock pot (another easy recipe you don’t have to watch!) and enjoy this evening.
Crock Pot Turkey Breast of Wonder
1 (5-6 lb) turkey breast
½ cup orange juice (squeeze your own or pour it out of a carton)
1 (14-0z) can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 (1-0z) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Salt and Pepper
- Remove completely thawed turkey breast (and remove the gravy packet if yours has one) from wrapping. (I usually rinse mine off also-but that’s just me!) Place in the crock pot.
- Pour the ½ cup of orange juice, the can of whole berry cranberry sauce and the one package of Lipton Onion Soup mix in a small bowl and mix (I used the juice of two fresh oranges and also zested the oranges before cutting in half and added the zest to add more flavor).
- Mix the ingredients together and pour over the top of the turkey breast.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper over the top. Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until a meat thermometer stuck into the center of the breast reads 170-175 degrees.
- Remove the breast to a plate and cover with foil; let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Carve or shred. Enjoy!