Ahhhh…..to stroll down the streets of Florence, Italy, and find the most perfect pizza – Florence locals and tourists say it is at Gusta Pizza, located at Via Maggio, 46R, 50110, Florence Italy. If you are ever there, look up Francisco, the owner and tell him I said hi! And send me a Margherita Pizza with that famous half soft mozzarella cheese. I know it must be good, made with all fresh ingredients, and anything with fresh basil, olive oil, fresh tomatoes, and wonderful crust can’t be bad.
Since it doesn’t look like I will be going to Florence anytime soon (or if you are, I would love to stow away in your luggage and tag along…..get it…tag….along…..put your luggage tag on your luggage….never mind) you can certainly make your favorite pizza on the last “Christmas in July give-a-way” which is from Williams-Sonoma (by the way- they have a TREMENDOUS sale going on right now- check them out….tables, and tables of great kitchen stuff…too many to mention and when they have a sale, boys howdy do they have a sale…but visit the store if you are close to one) ….this wonderful, great, Breville Crispy Crust Pizza baker!
No more heating up your oven….let this pre-heat the pizza stone…and make your favorite pizza. I wish I had been able to stay longer at the Williams-Sonoma store-they were just fixing to make a couple and serve to their customers (I’m a regular, you know) but I couldn’t…back to work. Just look at all its features:
- Countertop pizza maker gives you professional brick-oven results, right in your own kitchen.
- Dual heating elements on the top and bottom of the oven heat the ceramic pizza stone up to 660°F, replicating the cooking environment of a brick oven.
- Built-in 12″ diam. baking stone conducts and retains heat evenly to guarantee crisp, golden crusts.
- Settings for Thin, Medium and Thick crusts automatically adjust cooking time and temperature to ensure uniformly baked pizzas—no matter how generous the toppings.
- A special Keep Warm setting holds your fresh-baked pizza at the ideal serving temperature—and keeps the baking stone hot between pizzas.
- Use the viewing window to monitor baking without opening the lid and losing heat.
- Bake pizzas up to 11″ diam.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
It’ll make you whistle Dixie……even if you can’t whistle!
To win one of the two I am giving away, just tell me this…..what would be the first kind of pizza you will want to make if you win one? Pepperoni? Veggie Pizza? BBQ! Or are you making your own up? Get wild! Create your very own flavors. Leave a comment and remember you have until Friday morning, July 26th, 6:00 am, Central time, to reply with your answer. Two winners will be selected and posted later Friday morning the 26th.
Grazie, all that read these posts! I appreciate all of you!