Since I have been so very very busy at work and am winding down from two state meetings this week, I thought I would list “a few of my favorite things” (name that tune!). If you haven’t just logged in to the web page of my cooking blog and “looked around”, go ahead – have some fun. You might find a recipe you haven’t seen.
I went back and reviewed some of the categories and here’s some of my favorites, but not all of them and in no particular order..
1. Homemade taco seasoning mix – I don’t run out of this stuff. If I am getting low, out comes the jars and a new double batch is made up and put back in my jar. It’s not just for tacos. I use it on my scrambled eggs, use it for ground turkey and then make taco salad, taco soup, the possibilities are endless. Makes a great grilled chicken breast.
2. Marinated Turkey – oh my – make this, shred and eat – makes great sliders, eats great just as is – and on a salad – or make a hoagie, or a wrap. Try it – I promise you will like it.
3. Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes – another one of my favorites. I don’t know what it is about this recipe, but the flavors just work. That’s all.
4. Mexican Rice – I could eat nothing but this and be totally content. So easy and so good.
5. Brian’s Bread – once you start eating this stuff, you won’t stop. Trust me on this. Neither will anyone else so make your own private loaf and hide it!
6. Taco Soup – new version – Great recipe – tastes great – and can be changed to your way of thinking.
7. Jalapeno Lime Slaw – my new best friend. This stuff would make the best “food truck” food! Serve it on the side, or serve it on a taco, or serve it on a burger or on a dog. I’m making some this week. No two ways about it.
8. Christmas Chicken – I had to include this one as it has become a favorite if the peeps – what a great dish.
Well, those are my favorites. Have you come across one that you seem to like? Now that the meetings are over I can start back experimenting and posting new/old/revised recipes and some more fun price contests. Stay tuned. It’s good to be back -and oh, Have a great week!